Why Design System?
You need to deliver new features, prototypes, and product improvements daily. When you’re in a rush, there is no time for consistency, writing documentation, and proper handoff. You manage to catch the deadlines but can’t move faster. Putting fires down isn’t sustainable. Your challenges are:
Product team is slow.
Design and tech debt.
Before you move on, answer these questions:
* Are you happy with the speed of product development?
* Where are you losing time?
* Do your user interfaces look consistent?
* How much time do you spend on redundant tasks?
* How much time do you spend cleaning up design or technical debt?
* How much resources can you put into building a design system?
* Will you need to refactor our code?
A lot of work, right? That’s why you need to invest in structure. Structure saves time, so you can focus on running a business. When software becomes an essential part of the revenue stream your job is to grow and scale, but keep stability, reliability, efficiency and consistency. With the Design System you get:
Methodical and optimized workflow
Faster onboarding of new team members
Design System is everyone’s assistant that provides vital info, answers important questions and keeps your team on the same page. It enhances collaboration and streamlines teamwork. It’s a collection of reusable components, guided by clear standards, that can be assembled to build any number of applications and products.